Stephanie Lyew/Gleaner Writer
Jamaica’s audio industry has been remaining heartbroken and angered by the news that Donald ‘Tabby’ Shaw, the lead singer of the iconic trio Mighty Diamonds was killed previous night time in a push-by capturing.
Shaw, 67, was among the a group of individuals on McKinley Crescent in the St Andrew South Police Division who came less than attack.
Go through: ‘Mighty Diamonds’ lead singer between two killed in generate-by shooting
3 other persons were shot in the drive-by attack.
About ‘Tabby’ Shaw and the Mighty Diamonds
1. The singer-songwriter has focused five many years to audio
2. He was a aspect of the Mighty Diamonds with far more than 40 albums.
3. Last 12 months, Mighty Diamonds comprising Tabby, Lloyd ‘Judge’ Ferguson and Fitzroy ‘Bunny Shaw’ have been bestowed with the Order of Difference (Officer Course) for their contribution to the improvement of Jamaican music.
4. The Mighty Diamonds acquired their breakthrough in the mid-1970s with the music ‘The Ideal Time’ and have been signed to Virgin Records ahead of releasing their debut album Right Time in 1976.
5. The group obtained fame with singles ‘Country Living’, ‘I Want A Roof’, and ‘Pass The Kutchie’, which was a person of the tracks on the 1981 album Improvements manufactured by Gussie Clarke.
Many customers of the songs fraternity have hailed Shaw.
Gramps Morgan, Grammy award-profitable singer
It all looks like a very terrible dream or may perhaps I say a extremely extensive nightmare that will not conclude. My heart is in soreness (once once more) to listen to that another person who I know effectively, has handed and in this way.
Mikie Bennett, Grafton Studios owner and producer
Singing arrived so normally to him that sometimes, he did not want to put any extra work to make a strike. From my practical experience as a producer, the only issue that separates a very good vocal from a fantastic vocal is a nudge, and all he would will need is a nudge from time to time. He was definitely just one of the golden voices of our era of musicians. It introduced a new thrill and pleasure to me, who at the time was youthful in the business enterprise, to see him operate. Tabby was actually a particular man or woman.
Gussie Clarke, producer
Tabby was one particular of the humblest human beings one particular could ever meet up with.
Dr. Karen R. Green, Previous Jamaica Federation of Musicians Government Member
The sector has missing a large who will be difficult to swap. His senseless killing at the time once again highlights the need to have to control gun violence not only in Jamaica but elsewhere as well. As a previous government of the Jamaica Federation of Musicians. I be part of the fraternity in mourning his loss of life. It is my hope that the group will arrive up with a fitting tribute to this famous musician.