The California Armenian Legislative Caucus is keeping two scholarship contests for the 2022 remembrance of the Armenian Genocide. California large university college students from 9th grade by way of 12th grade are invited to take part in an essay contest and/or a visible arts contest to improve better consciousness of the Armenian Genocide on its anniversary.
All winners will be contacted straight and declared to mainstream and Armenian media by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus on April 15, 2022. All winners will be awarded scholarships and will be acknowledged at the California Armenian Legislative Caucus’ once-a-year Armenian Advocacy Working day and get unique recognition from the associates of the Armenian Caucus. Primary artwork will be requested from visible arts candidates if they are chosen as a finalist for feasible display in the California Point out Capitol.
Standards for every contest are comprehensive underneath. Students may possibly enter both contests, but submissions ought to be entered separately.
Essay Scholarship Awards:
Initial Put: $1,000
2nd Location: $750
Third Location: $500
Visual Art Scholarship Awards:
Very first Spot: $1,000
2nd Location: $750
3rd Area: $500
The deadline for all essay and visual arts submissions is April 8, 2022.
This year’s composing prompt phone calls on pupils to suppose that:
- They have been hired to operate for a continue to-to-be-manufactured Armenian American Nationwide Museum, with the museum to be found in Glendale, California.
- They have received term from the museum director that one particular wing of the museum will be entitled Noteworthy Armenian Us residents.
- They are to share with the director, in the type of an internal memo (template below), just one person’s name that really should be highlighted in this wing of the museum and the motive(s) that this name should be showcased.
All submissions have to be received by the California Armenian Legislative Caucus electronically on or just before April 8, 2022.
Visual Arts Prompt
This year’s concept is “Human to Human Interaction.” All candidates ought to establish their unique submission in retaining with this topic.
- Individual assertion (300-500 phrases) detailing the artwork and how it connects to the concept of human-to-human conversation. In the top remaining corner, applicants should consist of: identify, age, key deal with, high college, grade, teacher’s name and issue (if relevant), mobile phone range, and e mail address
- Only two-dimensional, visible art submissions will be recognized. Submission styles are constrained to drawings, paintings, pictures, electronic illustrations, and graphic style and design.
- Submissions may possibly not exceed an 11×17 body and have to weigh significantly less than 25 lbs.
- Submissions could not involve any nudity, abnormal and/or graphic violence, racial slurs, derogatory and/or offensive language, profanity, and may not make use of or replicate present artwork.