- Mission: Experiment and learn new tactics in the course of lockdown
- Photographer: John Holmes
- Site: Limerick, Eire
- Kit utilised: Nikon D750 and Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD
From my mid-teenagers onwards I always had a digicam. I started off with an Instamatic, ahead of transferring on to a Nikon F-301 and then a Nikon D80. When I retired in 2010, I decided to concentration on pictures additional and purchased a Nikon D300S, a broad-angle lens and some ND filters. Pondering I had this photography issue sorted, I went to a coastal images workshop and instantly uncovered out what I did not know and what I really wanted to know.
Shifting ahead I realized what I could from textbooks and YouTube, but in the end acquired additional knowledge and expertise when out shooting with other photographers, entering digicam club competitions and attending workshops.
In the course of the unexciting times of lockdown (when the chance to journey for landscape images was really restricted) I determined to emphasis on improving my application skills and commit time in Adobe Photoshop CC, re-functioning previous visuals and applying some newly acquired techniques. Luckily, I come from an IT qualifications and I get as significantly satisfaction processing an image as I do capturing an impression.
Not quite a few individuals would enter a floral image to a black-and-white levels of competition, so I submitted the chrysanthemum (above) to be distinct. The simplicity of the original image with the black-and-white conversion furnished the visible impact I wished. It was taken in our utility area in opposition to a black background with really reduced light and was processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.
Up following (previously mentioned) is an summary I reworked from a shot of 3 red peppers making use of a related set up to the chrysanthemum image, but with two Manfrotto LED light panels. Though the first image was good, it was processed as an summary employing Photoshop and Lightroom, which I think turned out far better than the primary.
The third abstract started off off as a leading-down graphic of a dandelion seed head and was taken outside in organic gentle (earlier mentioned). Once more, though the original impression was all right it didn’t express the visible effect I wished.
The two abstracts ended up designed applying standard Photoshop filters and procedures I realized on YouTube. A final edit was finished in Lightroom to modify the shadows, exposure, clarity and texture to incorporate extra punch. I are inclined to produce abstracts from photographs with dark backgrounds and brightly coloured, isolated topics – flora is particularly excellent for this.
See a lot more of John’s amazing get the job done by going to his 500px web site.
Examine a lot more:
Most effective Nikon cameras
Best macro lenses
Ideal vacation cameras
Very best vacation tripod